[Zope] how to include Flash/SWF objects in Zope website?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:04:48 +0200

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 11:06:53AM -0500, Fred Yankowski wrote:
> I want to include some Flash/SWF objects in a Zope website, but I
> don't see any built-in way to do this or any Product that would help.
> Any suggestions?
>
> If all else fails, I'm thinking about creating a simple product for
> this, modeled on ImageFile.py.

I once hacked together a simple 'Flash' object in a Python based Product.
It was just a class derived from the File object, which behaved very much
like the Image object.

If called by DTML, it would return the appropriate HTML to include the
Flash animation in the page, whcih could be customized with a special
method very much like the '.image()' method on Image objects.

Alas, the class was written for a previous employer, and never released as
Open Source. But it was dead easy to create.

--
Martijn Pieters