[Zope] how to include Flash/SWF objects in Zope website?

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:21:02 -0500

Thank you both for the help.  File objects are just the ticket (but it
turns out that Image objects work nearly as well).  For the record,
here's what I did:

 + create File object with id "foo_swf".
 + upload my local foo.swf file into foo_swf.
 + create DTML Method object "foo_flash" to provide all the HTML
   OBJECT and EMBED elements needed to wrap the flash object,
   referring to that flash object as '<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="foo_swf">'
   and 'src="foo_swf"', respectively.
 + use '<dtml-var foo_flash>' to display the flash object in a DTML
    Document.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 02:10:03PM -0400, Jim Washington wrote:
> N.B. You probably should add your Flash/SWF objects as "File" objects.
> DTML Method/Document objects can do amusing things with binary data,
> which is why there are "File" objects.
>
> -- Jim Washington
>
> J. Atwood wrote:
>
> > You could just upload them into Zope and point to them.
> >
> > http://www.gotschool.com (see flash demos).
> >
> > It uploads as a "application/octet-stream"
> >
> > I am sure you are talking about much more interaction.

Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA