[Zope] bobobase_modification_time and .zexp

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:18:52 +0200

Wolfgang Strobl wrote:

> import/export obviously doesn't preserve time stamps (i.e.
> bobobase_modification_time). This is unfortunate for any content
> which depends on those timestamps. How do you people out there
> solve this problem when it comes to moving content from different
> Zope installations into a single one?

I just developed custom document ZClass which basically:
- inherits from CatalogAware and DTML Document
- contains custom property sheet which contains creationTime attribute
(and some others, like meta_keywords or meta_summary)
- constains constructor method which sets creationTime to current time.

Wherever I need information when the page has been created, I use my
creationTime attribute.

I do not know how to implement 'modificationTime' attribute (or better:
how to change it whenever someone edits or uploads the document).

--
http://www.mk.w.pl /
 Marcin.Kasperski | O kredytach mieszkaniowych: