[Zope] bobobase_modification_time and .zexp

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:25:18 +0200

On 17 Oct 2000, 20:18  Marcin Kasperski wrote:

> Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> >
> > import/export obviously doesn't preserve time stamps (i.e.
> > bobobase_modification_time). This is unfortunate for any content
> > which depends on those timestamps. How do you people out there solve
> > this problem when it comes to moving content from different Zope
> > installations into a single one?
> >

> I just developed custom document ZClass which basically:
> - inherits from CatalogAware and DTML Document
> - contains custom property sheet which contains creationTime attribute
> (and some others, like meta_keywords or meta_summary) - constains
> constructor method which sets creationTime to current time.
>
> Wherever I need information when the page has been created, I use my
> creationTime attribute.

Sure. For your own creations it's somewhat easier, just create your
own timestamps. But what about existing content. Say: what if you
have a Yihawdirectory which has grown for a while, plus a
collection of Zwikis scattered over various Zopes, which I want to
move into a a single new, but already existing on a bigger, greater
and better server?

> I do not know how to implement 'modificationTime' attribute (or
> better: how to change it whenever someone edits or uploads the
> document).

Well, for a moment I considered hacking ExportImport.py, but it's
not obvious. That's why I'm asking whether somebody perhaps
already has solved the problem.

There is the option of stripping all the various data.fs and combining
them via mounting, but this is far from elegant, if it works at all.

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include