[Zope] AW: [Zope] Web Mail & Account creation.

Patrick Koetter p@state-of-mind.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:56:18 +0200

Hi Shervan,

Worldpilot ist the GUI you are looking for, if you use Zope.
Some friends and me use it.

Not included in WorldPilot are routines to

a) create a new account
b) modify and
c) delete an account

I use a UW IMAP on RH 6.2 to let WorldPilot connect to. That would require
me to modify the /etc/passwd if I wanted to fullfill the points a), b) and
c). Since I don't want anyone to touch that beside of root ;-) I am aiming
to use cyrus-imapd. Cyrus can even run with LDAP and that might be a choice
in connection with zope if you are willing to write something that emulates
the functions of 'cyradm' (the prog to administrate cyrus). OTOH you might
write some python script to get ridd of 'cyradm'.
After creating new users you can log them in using WorldPilot.

p@rick