[Zope] What Products created What Permissions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:48:58 +0100

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Michael Bernstein wrote:
> > > On a slightly different note, I think that the permissions
> > > list should be viewable in two more ways: A view where
> > > permissions are grouped into 'subjects', (for example all
>
> Perhaps a better idea is that Permissions are classes that inherit from
> super class permissions, so permission could be laid out in a
> heirarchical fasion.

I dunno, I'd prefer to see something like:

Role | Manager |\/| (dropdown list ;-)

DTML Method

    [] Add [] View ...etc...

Squishdot Site

    [] Add [] View [] Moderate ...etc...

rather than the current list where you can have something like:

...where someone has carelessly named a permission and you have no idea
what product it relates to.

cheers,

Chris