[Zope] Creating Object

Ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:56:43 -0700

Salvatore DIDIO wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Zope
> I've just installed Zope on Linux. I just can't create any object !.
> I receive the following message :
>     the object can not be owned by the superuser
> (line 217 in file Owned.py)
> Could someone help me ?
>
> Thank you very much

i feel for you, in zope 2.2 and above the initial account, the
superuser, isn't allowed to create/own objects.

what you're supposed to do is create a new user in the acl_users of the
root directory which will be your first working account.

after you create a user in acl_users, logout by shutting down the
browser and than try logging into the system with a new browser.

you can escape shutting down the browser by editing one of the existing
methods to have this section of code. when asked to reauthenticate type
in the name of the new user. than click cancel and reload the /manage
page, you should be able to login as the new user.

<dtml-raise Unauthorized>
	Log out
</dtml-raise>

Cheers