[Zope] Problems with sequence-item

Mark N. Gibson mark@kaivo.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:52:59 -0600 (MDT)

> I get errors when sequence-item is being called to list the contents of a
> folder
>
> E.g.
> <dtml-in "(1,2,3)" reverse>
> <dtml-var sequence-item>
> </dtml-in>
>
> correctly outputs 3 2 1
>
> When I do
>
> <dtml-in "folder.objectValues()">
> <dtml-var id>
> </dtml-in>
>
> it correctly outputs all ids in the folder.
>
> But
>
> <dtml-in "folder.objectValues()">
> <dtml-var sequence-item>
> </dtml-in>
>
> will fail with an error
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: __call__
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

In this example, <dtml-var sequence-item> is actually trying to call the items
in the folder.  In this case, at least one of the items is not callable ( like
another folder).  If you did something like this:

<dtml-in "folder.objectValues('DTML Method')">
<dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in>

You would see the results of 'viewing' or calling every DTML Method in folder.

Mark