[Zope] Cookie problem with IE5, 5.5, ...

Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:28:51 -0400

I developped a toggle button to let the users hide/show the menus.

I use a cookie to store the current value.  The code I use is:

<dtml-if "State=='ON'">
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setCookie('affmenu', '1')">
<dtml-else>
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setCookie('affmenu', '0')">
</dtml-if>
</head>
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(Retour)">

in a dtml method.  It works great in netscape, but not in IE 4, 5 or 5.5.
Why???

I know I could use a session product, but I'm worried about session
expiration.  Could I set one of these products to expirate ***only*** when
the browser is closed?

And, why a session variable doesn't exist?  It's the ONLY thing I miss from
ASP...

Jean-François Ménard
Intranet DPAS
Pratiques d'affaires et orientations
*        (514) 840-3000  poste 3939
*  (514) 840-5585
*  menard.jean-francois@hydro.qc.ca
*         855 Ste-Catherine est, 6e étage
              Montréal, Qué. H2L 4P5