[Zope] Sendmail examples

steve smith ssmith6@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:46:49 +1000

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. The "MailHost" object seems to be the
key. I tried going around it (using the SMTPHost attribute, from memory),
without much luck. Also learnt that one needs at least modest knowledge of
SMTP syntax when forming the option lines!

Thanks again,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony McDonald [mailto:tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 October 2000 8:35
To: ssmith6@bigpond.net.au; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Sendmail examples

At 10:01 pm +1000 22/1/01, steve smith wrote:
>Anyone have any good, real-world examples using DTML-Sendmail tags? Would
>especially appreciate examples integrating SQL queries.
>
>Ta!
>
>Steve

What, you mean including ones that send mail into the future? :)
(couldn't resist).

Assuming you've set up a MailHost object called 'MailHost'

Set up a <FORM> with variables: recipient, name and comments and make
the ACTION URL the following piece of DTML (with appropriate sugar
around it)

<!--#sendmail mailhost="MailHost"-->