[Zope] Calling form elements by name

Danny William Adair Danny@Adair.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:00:25 +0200

Ok,

<dtml-let nameAsAString="'index_html'">
<dtml-var "_[nameAsAString]">
</dtml-let>

works alright, even my longer (using a TinyTablePlus)
<dtml-in Items sort=Position>

<dtml-let Prefix="'FormElement_'"
          thePos=Position
          nameAsAString="Prefix+thePos">
<dtml-var nameAsAString><br>
<dtml-var "_['FormElement_1']"><br>
</dtml-let>

</dtml-in>

will work(as expected), BUT:

<dtml-in Items sort=Position>

<dtml-let Prefix="'FormElement_'"
          thePos=Position
          nameAsAString="Prefix+thePos">
<dtml-var nameAsAString><br>
<dtml-var "_['FormElement_1']"><br>
<dtml-var "_[nameAsAString]"><br>
</dtml-let>

</dtml-in>

definitely won't, Key Error:

  File /.../lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 691, in renderwob
    (Object: Items)
  File /.../lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Let.py, line 147, in render
    (Object: Prefix=&quot;'Service_'&quot;
          thePos=Position
          nameAsAString=&quot;Prefix+thePos&quot;)
  File /.../lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 337, in eval
    (Object: _[nameAsAString])
    (Info: nameAsAString)
  File &lt;string&gt;, line 0, in ?
  File /.../lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 163, in
careful_getitem
KeyError: (see above)

The string's content seems okay to me, so why can't I look up the object?
The namespace should be okay since I can call the request variables
_directly_.
What's wrong?

tia,
Danny