[Zope] OT:NT and rebooting

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:10:04 +0200

From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of

>It's FUD. I'M running Zope on two NT servers here, which run many months
>between reboots. I just checked - the Zope on the intranet server has an
uptime
>of 34 days 8 hours 32 min 3 sec now.

I must say that I agree. All in all for my current needs, NT is a better
choice than Linux. Better user interface and reasonable software uptime.

I am slowly migrating to Linux though. As I really do believe the open
source philosophy is better. But like Zope it is a b**** of a learning
curve.

Something like Zope shows it in a smaller scale. I would be willing to start
a business on Zope technology because coorporation on the toolset is the
smartest thing for service companies to do, and this is not a closed source
option.

I have tried some of the closed source application servers and they are so
poor. Funnily enough I see companies reinventing the weel with these
application servers, doing a lousy job every time. Zope is still not great,
but lightyears ahead of anything else I have experienced. Being a web house
and not doing an open source app server is so futile.

Furthermore the new KDE2.0 looks really sexy. Just gotta finish one more
project then I will upgrade from my old KDE1.0.

Max M