[Zope] How small a box can zope run on?

Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:15:48 +0100

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:43:57 +0200, "Alexander Limi"
<alexander@limi.net> wrote:

>We are building some device controller software and to control those we have
>a normal 486 with 24MB RAM running linux. Has anybody tried running zope on
>such a modest setup? There is only going to be one or two users connected to
>Zope at once, so we don't need much performance in terms of page views per
>second :)

Yes, Im using Zope in a similar scenario and it works well.

I found a benefit in using a smaller number of publisher threads (I
use -T 2 ). Each thread gets its own copy of the ODB, which is an
unnecessary memory hog for the expected load.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com