[Zope] DTML and acquisition question

Jens Grewen zope@grewen.de
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:58:10 +0200

Hi Jim,

If you are in D you can access any object in D C B and A and if you are in A
and want to access an object in D then you can use the following syntax

<dtml-with B>
  <dtml-with C>
    <dtml-with D>
      <dtml-var object_you_wanna_call>
    </dtml-with>
  </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

If a folder object in A or B is dynamic (with changing names for example)
you can get the folder by this for example

<dtml-with B>
<dtml-in "objectValues('Folder')">       /get all folders from dynamic B
  <dtml-with id>
    <dtml-in "objectValues('Folder')">   /get all folders from dynamic C
      <dtml-with id>                               /if D is a fix object
name in dynamiy C then you can use <dtml-with D>
        <dtml-var object_in_D>
      </dtml-with>
    </dtml-in>
  </dtml-with>