[Zope] Multiple Inheritance and the Portal Base classes.

Steinar Rune Eriksen steinar@orion.no
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:41:07 +0100

Can anybody see why I get the following error ? I try to subclass
DemoPortalBase and PortalObjectBase into a class CMyPortalBase which I again
subclass with a Zope ZClass.
It all works fine until I add another class in the inheritance list of
CMyPortalBase.When I try to call its __init__ method with the "self"
argument if does not recognise this as the instance variable ? (I tries to
print self, and it says that this is an instance of my ZClass).
In other Python programs, calling Parent.__init__(self) works fine, but when
running through Zope in this context

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unbound method must be called with class instance 1st argument

class CMyPortalBase(TemplatePage.CTemplatePage,Portal.DemoPortalBase,
PortalObject.PortalObjectBase):

    def __init__(self):
        TemplatePage.CTemplatePage.__init__(self)

The CTemplatePage class is as follows :

class CTemplatePage:

	standard_html_header = Globals.HTMLFile("StandardHeader", globals())
	standard_html_footer = Globals.HTMLFile("StandardFooter", globals())

	def __init__(self):
		print "In CTemplatePage"

the system manager.

Admin