[Zope] Wish for the next Zope Release: Doc tab for every Zope entity

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:23:23 +0200

--=====_96780380341=_

Mostly when developing a project it should be documented as well :)
The best would be a strucutral documentation that can be generated
out of the project so that it always keeps track of the software and is up=
 to date

- Python has that because there are the doc strings for classes and methods
- Java has it (javadoc)
- Zope - ?

For Zope it would be fine if every entity in the ODB has a 'Documentation'=
 tab
So I could when developing a Zope site always on the fly document its=
 structure
without having to leave y developing environment.

Then its an easy thing to write a doc generator that queries the objects in=
 the ODB
and their documentation.

Did I miss something and such a beast exists or is there really something=
 to be done?
I don't mean documentation in <dtml-comment>, I mean documentation as=
 seperate
property for each object and method.

Philipp Auersperg (zwork)

--=====_96780380341=_

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: x-small"
text=#000000>
<DIV>Mostly when developing a project it should be documented as well :)</DIV>
<DIV>The best would be a strucutral documentation that can be generated </DIV>
<DIV>out of the project so that it always keeps track of the software and is up
to date</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- Python has that because there are the doc strings for classes and
methods</DIV>
<DIV>- Java has it (javadoc)</DIV>
<DIV>- Zope - ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For Zope it would be fine if every entity in the ODB has a 'Documentation'
tab</DIV>
<DIV>So I could when developing a Zope site always on the fly document its
structure </DIV>
<DIV>without having to leave y developing environment.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Then its an easy thing to write a doc generator that queries the objects in
the ODB</DIV>
<DIV>and their documentation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Did I miss something and such a beast exists or is there really something
to be done?</DIV>
<DIV>I don't mean documentation in &lt;dtml-comment&gt;, I mean documentation as
seperate </DIV>
<DIV>property for each object and method.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Philipp Auersperg (zwork)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=====_96780380341=_--