[Zope] Whitespace in lines property

Evan Gibson egibson@connect.com.au
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:08:18 +1100

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 07:46:57AM +0200, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> > >  here marks your whitespaces.
> > >
> > > try:
> > >
> > > <textarea name="alt_names:lines" rows="10" cols="50" >
> > > <dtml-in alt_names><dtml-let cur_item=sequence-item><dtml-var
> > > "_.string.strip(cur_item)">
> > > </dtml-let></dtml-in></textarea>
> > >
> > > Ugly code, but...
> >
> > Well, "realize something NEW everyday!"
> > It never crossed my mind that the space between my code elements
> > would be rendered. DUH!
>
> Hehe ;) I'm currently playing with a clean-up tag, to remove
> whitespaces/empty
> lines in code. May be I release it, if its fully done. Stay tuned ;-)

I used to get bitten an awful lot by doing:

<dtml-if>
   <dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-else>
   <dtml-var other_header>
</dtml-if>

This would cause the spaces to appear _before_ the header information
and actually just come up with error messages.
Took me some very frustrating hours to realise I just had to get rid
of the spaces and format things really badly to fix it.

--
      Evan ~ThunderFoot~ Gibson    ~ nihil mutatem, omni deletum ~
All of us are God's creatures... just some are more creature than others.