[Zope] Zclass not reindexing (it is CatalogAware)

Tim Hicks Tim Hicks" <tim.hicks@iname.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 18:45:22 +0100

I have created a Zclass, the the _ZClass_for_CatalogAware base class
as the first added base class (second in the list of base classes).
My zcatalog (named Catalog) is set to 'Find objects of type:
"myClass_metatype"' and therefore, when I add a new instance of my
class, it is automatically added to the catalog.  By that, I mean that
once I have added the instance, I can go the the 'Cataloged Objects'
view and see it listed there. However, if I try a search using the raw
(TextIndex) search outlined in one of the tutorials, the search fails
to find words that I *know* are in the zclass that I just added, and
that I thought had been cataloged.  Clicking on 'Update Catalog' in
the 'Cataloged Objects' view and then researching means that the
search succeeds in finding the word in the new instance.

The question is, do I need to add the equivalent of what is written in
'How-To: Creating a CatalogAware ZClass' for reindexing zclass
properties, but for reindexing the actual text?  How could I do this?

<extract from 'How-To: Creating a CatalogAware ZClass'>

<dtml-call
"propertysheets.InstanceConstants.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call reindex_object>

</extract from 'How-To: Creating a CatalogAware ZClass'>

Help much appreciated,

tim