[Zope] Java applet with inner classes causing probs in Zope

Eric L. Walstad Eric@Walstads.net
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 12:04:06 -0700

Just a follow-up:

Morten Said:
// Adding files to Zope through FTP doesn't seem to have the same
restrictions.
Actually, it did for me.  FTP was able to upload all the class files except
those with the $ in them (the classes with inner-classes).  That's how I
found out about the problem.

Holger Lehmann said:
// What about putting it all in a jar-file ?
I tried that, too, but Java would choke on running the Jar file that was
served from Zope.  If anyone has a working JAR file applet in Zope, I'd love
to see the syntax they used!

To make my applet work, I had to go into the java code and separate out the
inner classes so that every class was in its own file.  This turned out to
be a lot easier than I expected.

Eric.

Here's the original message...