[Zope] ZClass for PDFs

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:35:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Tim Cook wrote:

> Timothy Wilson wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to make a large number of PDF files available for download from my
> > site. HTML versions of the files will also be available for online viewing.
> >
> > I could certainly include the PDF files as regular file objects or I could
> > create a ZClass specifically for PDF files.
> >
> > I suspect that this question may be of general interest, so I'm asking for
> > comments about the pros and cons of either approach.
> >

> Does this not do what you want?
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/gaaros/ZpdfDocument

Thanks for the pointer.

It doesn't appear that the ZpdfDocuments is what I'm looking for.
ZpdfDocument seems to render PDF on the fly from structured text or HTML. I
was interested in simply storing an existing PDF file in the ZODB and making
it available for download.

Is there a reason to make a PDF ZClass? Would it make things easier?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/