[Zope] keeping Java Servlets session ids based on url rewriting

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 13:58:30 -0700

albert boulanger wrote:

> I am using the latest Zope release using ZServer directly (but will be
> running under Apache....)
>
> I need to coordinate Zope based sessions and servelet sessions. We
> will be using url rewriting (I know use cookies, but we are doing
> worst case planning.). As you may know the rewritten urls that the
> servlet does look like http://foo/bar;$<id here>$. I need to retain
> the stuff after the ;.  This seems to be dropped i think in ZServer. I
> was going to store the servlet sesssion id in a SQLSession object by
> having the servlet do a response redirect to a dtml method to process
> the id after the ;.
>
> Will Apache frontending and setting the CGI-vars fix this issue?
>
> A more general question, has anyone worked on the general
> cross-session issues like this? I think this is consideration item for
> the new session support in Zope.

Would Zope Servlet interaction be useful to you? if so in what form?

I'm going to start working next weekend on Zope calls into JServ. I'd
like to get some requirements from interested parties before i start
coding.

Cheers

Kapil