[Zope] Uh-oh, my Zope site is going down the toilet! (NameError in DT_Util.py)

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:05:34 -0400

Earlier I reported a problem with copy/pasting a DTML method.

Now I'm getting a NameError exception in DT_Util.py, line 337 (in eval). This
appears to be either an acquisition problem, a security problem or a
combiniation in conjunction with LoginManager.

(the traceback is at the bottom of this message)

Zope version: Zope 2.2.1 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
LoginManager-0-8-7a1

Here's my layout

/

  Strader (folder)
       DateRange  (External Method)
       Outbound  (folder)
          InTransit  (DTML Doc)
          ReportBanner (Dtml Method)
          Reports (DTML Doc)
          ReportForm (DTML Doc)
   acl_users (LoginManager)
acl_users (user folder)

ReportBanner and ReportForm both use <dtml-var "DateRange(value)[0]">

ReportBanner is called from InTransit, and it works. It works when authenticated
via LoginManager or by the root acl_users folder

When ReportForm is called from Reports, I get a NameError exception if
authenticated solely via LoginManager. However when logged in on another
machine, authenticated via Loginmanager, it works. I suspect that copy of the
browser is also sending Basic Auth credentials, but I can't be sure.

Earlier today I reported that I couldn't copy/paste ReportBanner. It seems that
this object, and ReportForm are owned by a user in LoginManager, though I
don't know how that happened.. cookie exchange probably.

I'm wondering if there's something strange happening with LoginManager,
ownership, acquisition and so on. It seems like I can't take ownership of these
objects either, and the "make ownership implicit" button doesn't seem to have
any effect.

So anyway, I'd expect an attributeError or a UnAuthenticated error, but
NameError is unexpected and looks very suspicious to me. My customer has
spent a *lot* of money on this project so far, and I'm worried that I have some
strange bug running through the system now due to these  two unexpected
problems (copy/paste and now nameerror) I can't think of a workaround for
NameError.

Thoughts?

Traceback (innermost last):
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
               (Object: Traversable)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
               (Object: Reports)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
               (Object: Reports)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\OFS\DTMLDocument.py, line 177, in __call__
               (Object: Reports)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line 528, in __call__
               (Object: Reports)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\OFS\DTMLDocument.py, line 173, in __call__
               (Object: ReportForm)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line 528, in __call__
               (Object: ReportForm)
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_In.py, line 692, in renderwob
               (Object: _[rangetablename])
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Var.py, line 278, in render
               (Object: DateRange(value)[0])
             File E:\ZOPEST~1\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line 337, in eval
               (Object: DateRange(value)[0])
               (Info: DateRange)
             File <string>, line 0, in ?
           NameError: DateRange

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements