[Zope] Manager Authentication Failure: How to debug?

Kimmo Kansanen kmo@ees2.oulu.fi
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:07:13 +0300

Sie (Martijn Pieters,mj@digicool.com) sannoit:

> There are generally two things that could have gone wrong here:
>
> - You didn't specify the Manager Role for the User. The list of Roles on
>   the User manage page is _not_ the assigned list, but the possible list
>   of Roles. Select the Manager Role from that list (the Role name will
>   show in a contrasting colour).

Duh! This _is_ what went wrong. I was following the directions given by
the upcoming zope-book, and completely missed this point. Maybe the book
could include this as a hint?

> Let us know if you have any more problems.

I have not actually tested this yet, since the machine is off-line at
home, but looks like you have identified the problem.

Thank's a million.

Kimmo
--
Kimmo Kansanen