[Zope] Object serialization between different pages

Oleg Broytmann phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:18:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Pierre-Julien Grizel wrote:
> Is it possible to serialize an object to share it across several pages ?
> This would allow one to pass the serialized object via the URL, and to
> retreive it in the form that would process the request.

   Oh, no! Think if I hack the page you sent to my browser and serialize a
different object!! This is big security hole!!!

> I know there is the pickle function in python, but is there a more
> Zopish way to do this ?

   Learn to use sessions. There is no builtin session management in Zope,
but there are 3 sessions Products out there.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru