[Zope] Zope and the GPL poison pill

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:26:15 -0300

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 06:02:15PM +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> phd@phd.russ.ru (Oleg Broytmann) wrote:
>
> >    No, you are not forced to publish anything. GPL "virus" applied only if
> > you want to *distribute* combined (your code + my GPL'd code).
>
> Like in "distributing to clients"? So that I have to publish
> source code to the whole world (not only clients) then?

No. If you give binaries to someone, you have to also give
sources. You're not obliged to give the binaries to anyone. You
can charge big bucks for the binaries, but if someone has them
they're free to redistribute it.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar