[Zope] Looking for Zope vs. Others at-a-glance comparison

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:15:09 -0500

Richard Moon says:

>Zope offers the potential to be the perfect development environment with
>tons of really good solutions off the shelf - these can be customised if
>they have to, we can drop down to Python if we really need to. Perfect.
>
>Unfortunately its been difficult to get discussions like this going on
>zope.org as its mainly devoted to coding problems, while zope-dev is to do
>with deep and complex zopezen.

Many very helpful goodies have been contributed, and are available under
"Downloads". However, as we've seen so often, documentation is the last
thing on the priority list, so these gems are mostly still quite rough.

It looks like a great deal of value can be added to Zope in the form of
ultra-easy integration of stuff that already exists, and step-by-step,
"hold my hand" How-To docs to makes sure even the greenest Newbies can
make the most of what's there.

Thanks for all the cogent comments!
Jerry S.