[Zope] Passing parameters to external methods

Andreas Pauley andreasp@qbcon.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:49:03 +0200

Hi,
I need to pass some parameters to my external methods.

I have an external method that looks (somewhat) like this:

def extAccess(self, accttype_cde):
    return accttype_cde

In the following dtml code, the following statement (with the SQL
method) works fine:

<dtml-if "sqlAccess(accttype_cde='COM')">
 <b>sqlAccess returned something</b>
</dtml-if>

This statement, referencing my external method but using the same syntax
as with the sql method, gives lots of headaches:

<dtml-if "extAccess(accttype_cde='COM')">
  <b>The external method returned true</b>
</dtml-if>

I get the following error for the above statement:
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 2, got 0

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,
Andreas.

--
In a world without fences, who needs gates?