[Zope] How do I add a property to created objects?

Kristofer Kiik kristofer@keerub.ee
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:08:53 +0200

Hi,

hope someone can point me to the right direction with this:

I want to add an object using DTML. To do this I create a method
'addanewFolder' (not in a product, but somewhere in the document
tree):
=== cut here ===
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('ts', ZopeTime())">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id', _.str(_.int(ts)))">
<dtml-with "manage_addFolder(REQUEST['id'])">
<dtml-call "manage_addProperty('testproperty', 'a value here',
'string')">
</dtml-with>
=== cut here ===

This gets the folder added, but does not add the property to the
folder created, but to the PARENT directory. The 'with' clause
should direct manage_addProperty method to deal with the new
object?

TIA,
kristofer