[Zope] Organizing huge content

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:59:03 +0200

Hi !

brocken22@gmx.de wrote:

> Hallo,
> my question is about organizing scripting when you have to deal with huge
> amounts of content.
> I.e. you have a custom that wants to establish a website .This website
> should have in the future about 2000 pages but you on your own are building
> only some pages and a lot of templates that his coworkers can use to build
> the rest(new pages oder updating old ones).
> Now the point: I plan to make a ZClass and the new sites are instances of
> this class.
> The look (and feel)is individualized by iterating over the properties?
> Or is it better (in terms of speed)to create a couple of ZClasses and
> reducing the amount of properties?

I have reduced the amount of properties per ZClass by putting some often
used properties in a base class and reusing them in the derived classes.
For example: name and nickname. The same goes for the DTML methods that
define the look and feel. The only thing that is in the subclasses is
the way of listing subobjects and adding a link of stuff that can be added.
The rest is done in a general DocumentFolderClass.

Have a look at the ZDP-Tools. http://www.zope.org/Members/roeder

Regards,

Maik Röder

--