[Zope] repost of ImplicitAcquirerWrapper

Chalu Kim chalu@egenius.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 14:04:59 -0400

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 07:03:35PM -0400, Chalu Kim wrote:
> > Has anyone run  into this problem?
> >
> > Zope Error
> >
> > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
> >
> > Error Type: SystemError
> > Error Value: Failed to import class ImplicitAcquirerWrapper from
> >            module Acquisition
>
> What s the traceback? When do you encounter this?
>
> If you see this when trying to start Zope, how did you install Zope? From
> source? If so, did you run python wo_pcgi.py or w_pcgi.py first?
>
> It could also be that you have a module Acquisition elsewhere in your
> Python path. Try the following:
>
> start up Python (just about anywhere except in your Zope/lib/python dir),
> and type:
>
>   import sys
>   import Acquisition
>
> If the second line doesn't give you an exception, type
>
>   sys.modules['Acquisition']
>
> It should tell you where it imported the module Acquisition from.
>
> You could also try this in Zope/lib/python (cd to that directory).
>
> --
> Martijn Pieters
> | Software Engineer            mailto:mj@digicool.com
> | Digital Creations          http://www.digicool.com/
> | Creators of Zope               http://www.zope.org/
> | ZopeStudio: http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeStudio

Here is the trace;

2000-09-16T17:34:55 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
'\000\000\000\000\000\000\017\225'
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0-src/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line
447, in setstate
SystemError: Failed to import class ImplicitAcquirerWrapper from module
Acquisition

------
2000-09-16T17:34:55 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
'\000\000\000\000\000\000\021"'
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0-src/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line
447, in setstate
SystemError: Failed to import class ImplicitAcquirerWrapper from module
Acquisition

------
2000-09-16T17:34:56 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
'\000\000\000\000\000\000\022_'
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.0-src/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line
447, in setstate
SystemError: Failed to import class ImplicitAcquirerWrapper from module
Acquisition

This problem occurs with w_pcgi.py with 2.2.0 source. Starting is fine
but it renders a directory viewable but unmanageable..

I tried to import and it only works when in Zope/lib/python. Others will
result in error "No module named Acquisition".

Regards