[Zope] PTK/LoginManager/Membership - configuring User Sources

Darcy Clark darcyc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:50:20 -0400

I am currently (one of many probably) inching along towards getting
PTK/LoginManager/Membership working and wondered if somebody could point me
in the right direction to get the pieces working together.

I have installed the PTK, made a portal. I then replaced the acl_users in
the portal directory with a loginmanager. Then I added a Portal Membership
System, which seemed to replace a bunch of methods and added a bunch of new
ones. Looking at my portal [http://entity.ummu.umich.edu:8080/portal] I now
get the nice login dialog when I login but it doesn't work. I figure I most
likely need to install a usersource.

From this howto [http://www.zope.org/Members/jok/SQL_based_LoginManager] I
stole some methods that seem to be the sort of thing I would need to link
the login process to a database (in my case a MySQL user table). I put them,
as listed below, into my persistant user source. But I am not sure how to
link these new methods in my usersource back to my login form. Here is the
list of contents from my usersource :

MySQL_database_connection (Z MySQL Database Connection)
    SQL_change_password
    SQL_check_user
    SQL_get_password
    SQL_get_roles
    userAuthenticate
    userExists
    userRoles

I have no idea whether these are the correct method names that the
loginmanager is looking for to authenticate. Does anyone have any pointers
on this ?

Also I now have 2 login forms - one in the root of the portal folder and the
other in the acl_users folder. Which is the one that I need to edit ? I say
edit because I see this line in both of them :

<form action="<dtml-var SCRIPT_NAME><dtml-var PATH_INFO><dtml-if
QUERY_STRING

I'm thinking of how to link my login form to my user source - am I supposed
to replace SCRIPT_NAME with userAuthenticate ?

thanks for any help you can offer me.

Darcy