[Zope] Design Question

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:40:24 -0500

Tim Cook wrote:

> Anyway I pickled the dictionary and it's just over 1.3MB so I
> thought I'd use an external method to read the pickled object,
> pass it the paragraph and test for the correct code(s), then
> return a list. Is this the most effective way to use Python/Zope
> for this situation?

Adding to my own post:
I did play around with shelving but did not see that there was
much of an increase in speed. The real estate requirement went up
to 8MB+.

Thinking outloud again...
I think I'll take the original comma delimited file.
Get all words and remove the common ones (the, of, and, etc)
Find every line where each particular word appears.
Store those codes in a dictionary with the word as the key.
(Basically, I'm turning the file around backwards I guess?)
Then for every keyword hit from the paragraph I'll have a list of
codes that I can count the nmber of positive hits on each code.

Hmm, sounds like a search engine to me.  Anybody got one written
in Python <g>. That's faster than a Zope Catalog?

-- Tim Cook --
Cook Information Systems | Office: (901) 884-4126 8am-5pm CDT
* Specializing in Open Source Business Systems *
FreePM Project Coordinator http://www.freepm.org
OSHCA Founding Supporter http://www.oshca.org