[Zope] file upload and MySQL

Jørn Helge B. Dahl jornd@falch.net
18 Sep 2000 14:03:57 +0200

Sorry for the malformed subject header on the last post, corrected now.

Hi all.

I'm sorry if this is discussed before, but my search thru the archive
did not yield any results.

Basically, this is what I want:

1. I have a file that I want to upload. That I know how to do.

2. Then I want to use the properties of the file I uploaded (id, size,
   name and so forth) to make an entry in an external database (MySQL it
   is, but that is not relevant).

3. Update another entry in the external database, using the
   beforementioned properties.

So, what I do not know, is how I "extract" the information from the file
upload, and make it available to my sqlMethod.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Could anyone point me in the
right direction, or, preferably, show me what do do?

Thanks in advance,
--
Jørn Helge B. Dahl
System administrator