[Zope] SiteAccess Installation failure

marwin98 marwin98@gmx.net
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:04:10 +0200

Hello list,

I just tried to install SiteAccess, because I need virtual hosting with
Apache and Zope which works great - instead of the "rootfolder"-thing that
SiteAccess is for.
Without SiteAccess everything works fine:
    http://my.server.dom:8080/manage and http://vhost.server.dom/ (using
Apache on port 80 as proxy)

As soon as I stop the Zope Server, put the files for SiteAccess into
/var/zope/lib/python/Products and starting the server again, I constantly
get this error (although there are no alert messages in Z2.log, just the
normal access-entries):

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unexpected keyword argument: validated_hook
[...]
Traceback (innermost last):
   File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
   File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
   File /var/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
   File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162, in publish
TypeError: (see above)

When I remove the directory /var/zope/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess and
restart the server again, everything works as before - except the siteroot
functionality of course :-(

Does someone have info how I can get SiteAccess to run correctly on my
machine (Linux, newest Zope source distribution)?
Any help would be appreciated!

Martin