[Zope] DTML call, form vars, submits

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:27:23 +0200 (CEST)

Dale Kiefling writes:
 > 2.  Is it possible to explicitly store a value in a form variable without a
 > submit?
I assume, you want to do this in your browser (i.e. on client side):
Javascript allows you to set the values of some variables,
e.g. hidden variables or text variables.
Other variables, e.g. submit variables do not want to get a value.

You use something like:

	document.formname.variablename.value = yourvalue;

Look into a good Javascript book for details.

 > 3.  What is the best/easiest way to force a submit?  I tried calling
 > document.submit, but I don't think I am doing it right.
You submit a form not a document.

Try:	document.formname.submit()

Again, a good Javascript book is your friend.

Dieter