[Zope] flat file db, favorite links, and zope

sean@horse101.com sean@horse101.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:02:04 -0700

Hi,
I have a comma delimited file which holds favorite links info for my
site and is used by Perl to display and add new ones.  I want to
use something Zope related but don't know Zope that well yet (don't
know Perl much but enough to recycle another's script).  Anyway, I
have all of these links in a file and don't want to loose them.  I
would like to continue to allow site visitors to add to the list
(selecting their own categories, etc) and have the db managed
easily my me.

What are my best options?  Should I use some sort of Zope
product to handle this?  If so, does one of them allow me to use
my existing db file (at least import it)?
I could, I suppose run Perl via Zope if I had to but there must be a
better way (I would not be sure how to do this either).

Any advice would be appreciated.

--Sean