[Zope] ZDebug is disturbing ;-)

Shane Hathaway shathaway@earthling.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Does that work with the PTK from CVS? I found the one I had broke all
> the wizards. Also, there was that bit of non-functionality I mentioned
> on zope-dev... hmmm... lemme go find that post...

The problem was with <dtml-return>.  ZDebug broke it.

ZDebug still has a problem with <dtml-raise>, but I'm thinking of a
solution for it.  Normally it won't be a problem, but if you depend on the
exception text being preserved, ZDebug will break your DTML.  Note that
the exception *type* is preserved, however, so <dtml-try/except> does
work.

> PS: What's the digicool.zope.zope newsgroup?

I set up a news server on my personal machine and used procmail as a
gateway.  I can even post.  However, I've been told that mailman already
has the same capability, so if you'd like to access the zope lists via
NNTP also, lobby MattB.

Shane