[Zope] Massive FTP troubles

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:03:47 +0200 (CEST)

marwin98 writes:
 > >Apparently, you have two clients that want to change "/em/nav/aiti2.gif"
 > >at the same time.
 >
 > This is not the case, since I was the only one who had access to the
 > server. I just used "CuteFTP", an FTP-client for windows, that does
 > multiple connections when up/downloading more than one file. Somehow the
 > FTP server must have misunderstood this. Maybe a port-problem? I am quite
 > sure that it's the error on the FTP server side. One additional info that
 > could be helpful: my requests came from behind a firewall, so all of them
 > were from the same IP address in passive mode.
That probably is the problem.

You have two connections that concurrently upload files.
On the server side, there will be two threads processing the
requests. If the files go to the same folder, there may well
be a conflict for the common folder.

The only strange thing is, that you get told that
a conflict occured for "/em/nav/aiti2.gif" rather
than the folder.

You are sure, your FTP client works correct and does not
try to upload the same file via two connections?

Anyway, folder conflicts are to be expected.
Can you tell your FTP client not to serve several
connections concurrently?

Dieter