[Zope] JDBC DA from Python

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:44:44 -0400

Brian.Burton@nlynx.com wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a way to access a JDBC driver from Zope?  I have since
> several JPython solutions but I don't see a way of executing JPython from Zope.
> Would the best way be to write a Zope/Python DA that opens sockets to a JPython
> or Java servlet that then talks to the JDBC driver?  Sounds like a bit of work.

Wow, that's a novel idea.  Using some kind of RMI or RPC you could
achieve what you're looking for in perhaps less that 100 lines of Python
or Java.  However, it would require significant expertise in Python,
Java, and Zope, which is a rare combination.

Or perhaps you could try XML-RPC.  It's easy to use and language
independent.

Shane