[Zope] Problems upgrading 2.1.6 -> 2.2.2

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:18:12 -0400

I followed the HOW-TO here

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO

And looked around for different documentation but, alas, was left
without much help.

I can move over the Data.fs file, and reinstall the products but
every product is broken when I start it back up (again and again). I
have tried removing them and reinstalling them but it will not let me
import the .zexp files (any of the products). I get the following
error (for more than one product)

                         Error type:  SystemError
                         Error value: Failed to import class
_ZClass_for_ZPhotoAlbum from module Products.Photo

Traceback (innermost last):
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in publish
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: Traversable)
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in publish
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
     (Object: manage_importObject)
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
     (Object: manage_importObject)
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 519, in
manage_importObject
     (Object: Traversable)
   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 208, in importFile
SystemError: (see above)

Even products that there is no .zexp file like SimpleURL 1.0 the
product is just broken.

Is there another way of going about this? Anyone done it
successfully? I guess my next step is to try out each and every one
of these products in Zope 2.2.2 to see if they actually work.

Thanks,