[Zope] String problem with structured text

Stephen Simmons stephen.simmons@healtharena.net
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:27:16 +0200

Hi,

I am having a number of problems in a Python product displaying a property
'description' as structured text. 'description' is:
    Test structured text

      Link to the "Zope website":http://www.zope.org

      - Dot point

If I update 'description' from my manage_editForm (which does
self.description = description), <dtml-var description
fmt="structured-text"> gets rendered in HTML as:
      Link to the <a href="http://www.zope.org">Zope website</a>
      - Dot point</p>
The hyperlink has been rendered properly but the heading and dot point
haven't.

If I update 'description' from the properties page of the management
interface, <dtml-var description fmt="structured-text"> looks like:
    <h3>Test structured text</h3>
    </li></ul>
which is exactly what it should be.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Background information:
- Using a clean installation of Zope 2.2.0.
- My Python product inherits from Folder and has properties 'title' and
'description'. These are made available via the Properties page using:
    _properties=({'id':'title', 'type':'string', 'mode':'w'},
              {'id':'description',  'type':'text', 'mode':'w'},
    )
- The manage_edit() method is:
    def manage_edit(self, title, description, REQUEST=None):
        "Edits the AdminFolder's characteristics"
        self.title = title
        self.description = description
        if REQUEST is not None:
           return MessageDialog(
                title='Edited',
                message='<strong>%s</strong> has been edited.' % self.id,
                action ='manage_main',
                )

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Stephen