[Zope] Use of the :records variable type and ZSQL methods

Calvin Parker calvin@mediumlook.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:16:36 -0700

> > Error Type: Bad Request
> > Error Value: ['Field1', 'Field2']
> >
> > Here is the code I used and sqlTest is the ZSQL Method that
> just inserts the
> > two fields into a test DB:
> >
> > <dtml-in testlist>
> > <dtml-call sqlTest>
> > </dtml-in>
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >

> you'll have to feed a named argument to your Zsql method (that is in its
> definition). In this case that would be testlist. Then it should work as
> expected

Here is the Z SQL Method.  It takes the arguments Field1 and Field2.

INSERT INTO Test_Fields
(Field1,Field2)
VALUES
(
<dtml-sqlvar Field1 type=nb optional>,
<dtml-sqlvar Field2 type=nb optional>
)

Am I calling testlist incorrectly?  I have tried forcing the namespace with
the dtml-with tag, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.  Are the
arguments field in the Method what you are refering to when you say named
argument?

Thanks,
Calvin