[Zope] Download Problems & File Extensions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:08:26 +0100

> Suzette Ramsden wrote:
> >
> > I have had this same problem downloading squishdot zip files and I don't
> > know if it is something I am doing.
> > When I attempt to unzip the file, I keep getting:
> > "error reading header after processing 0 entries"

I've seen this happen due to a couple of things:

1. An archive not being completely downloaded (check the file size in
Bytes matches that listed on the download site)

2. Windoze giving the downloaded file the wrong extension. This can get
particularly tricky when Windoze plays it's game of hiding file
extensions it thinks it knows about. Check the whole file extension
matches that from the download site (usually .tar.gz)

cheers,

Chris

You are usign WinZip, aren't you?