[Zope] PyGreSQLDA

Leichtman, David J code@ou.edu
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:01:49 -0500

Has anyone had significant speed issues using the PyGreSQLDA? It seems like
I'm only getting one DB connection at a time. Is this an issue with the DA,
with Zope, or am I doing something wrong? I have a pgsql db running just
fine, and in Zope I have a connection instantiated at the top level that all
of my ZSQL methods use. Shouldn't it still be able to establish multiple
connections, though? I guess I'm confused as to how it works. Thought I was
using it right, but if I execute a query through Zope it takes a few
milliseconds unhindered. However, if multiple people try to run a query at
the same time, it usually takes a few seconds, as if only one person were
connected at a time.

I'd love elucidation from someone educated on this subject, as I am most
certainly not :)

~ Dave