[Zope] ZFormulator -- how to make an SQL insert?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:45:04 +0200

Mike Renfro wrote:
> I looked in the archives for anything concerning this, and came up
> empty. I have zformulator set up with postgres, and it appears to work
> fine, except that I've not found the zen to make it actually do an SQL
> insert -- I know the GetSQL method will extract the proper code, but
> am I missing something trivial that'll let me actually execute the SQL
> code? Thanks.

Hm, I've been sadly neglecting ZFormulator for a long time. I will
have some time to work with it again next month, though.

I'm surprised it actually works with Zope 2.2; I had some bug reports.

You cannot do an actual SQL insert with ZFormulator yet, though it
wouldn't be too hard to put some code around it to do. Right now
ZFormulator only shows the SQL statement. I believe I had some patches
contributed that do enable this, which I've been neglecting as well. :(

Regards,

Martijn