[Zope] secure management with Site Access?

Rob Miller rob@kalistra.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:57:09 GMT

David Elkins writes:

> Have you tried setting up something like zope.domain.com with the https
> SiteRoot and Apache pointing directly at manage?

Pointing a virtual host directly at manage I can do, but where do I put the
SiteRoot?  If I put an https SiteRoot in a directory, then plain ol'
unencrypted access won't be happening... all of the URLs inside the site
will point to 'https://' instead of 'http://', right?  Or am I missing
something?

> You could additional add
> in a rewrite/proxy command to redirect to the SSL side for
> www.domain.com/manage.

Again, getting Apache to do the right thing I've got figured out.  It's
just the SiteRoot causing the problem; all of the links inside the folder
with the SiteRoot will be either 'http' or 'https', but I'm looking for
some solution that will allow either, depending on the previous REQUEST.  I
know that SiteRoot is basically a special kind of access rule, maybe a
smarter access rule can be used instead of a SiteRoot...

Thanks for your feedback, and please let me know if there's something that
I'm not seeing.

rob