[Zope] Re: [Zope-PTK] Apache + Zserver + SiteAccess + Search results from the catalog catalog

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:41:35 -0400

neeloy_saha wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The href generated for my search results is not resulting in right Links as
> a result I am getting the 404 error.
>
> ** I have followed the "HOW-TO : Using Apache with Zserver(Not Zope.cgi)"
> and implemented a complete virtual host:(second example)
>
>    <VirtualHost 192.168.81.132:80>
> #    ServerAdmin webmaster@host.some_domain.com
> #    DocumentRoot /www/docs/host.some_domain.com
> #    ServerName host.some_domain.com
> #    ErrorLog logs/host.some_domain.com-error_log
> #    CustomLog logs/host.some_domain.com-access_log common
>      ProxyPass /webradar http://192.168.81.132:8081/WebRadar3.0
>      ProxyPassReverse /webradar http://192.168.81.132:8081/WebRadar3.0
>      ProxyPass /misc_ http://192.168.81.132:8081/misc_
>      ProxyPass /p_ http://192.168.81.132:8081/p_
> </VirtualHost>
>
> ** Installed a siteaccess root and in the base of the portal
> folder(WebRadar3.0) ,gave the base as
>    base : http://192.168.81.132/webradar
>    path  : /
>
> ** everything seems to be working fine....BUT the results from the search
> has gone astray.
>    http://192.168.81.132/webradar/Members/pankaj_malhotra/readme.html - I
> need this
>    http://192.168.81.132/WebRadar3.0/Members/pankaj_malhotra/readme.html - I
> am getting this
>    [ WebRadar3.0 is the name of my portal ]
>
> ** I have seen the "HOW-TO Mix Zcatalog/Zsearch with apache with apache. I
> am getting the following
>     result.
>     <dtml-in SiteIndex>
>   <dtml-let itemPath="getpath(data_record_id_)">
>   </dtml-let>
>    </dtml-in>
>    I am getting this : http://webradar3.0/Members/neeloy_saha/dfsdf
>
> Please help.

You are using a *very* old version of the PTK (the 'SiteIndex' is
a giveaway);  try upgrading to the CVS version, or wait to the end
of the week for us to release a new tarball.  You will then be able
to spell your link as::

   <dtml-in portal_catalog>
    <dtml-let itemPath="getpath(data_record_id_)">
    </dtml-let>
   </dtml-in>

If that doesn't help, something uglier is going to be needed.  I
believe we already have Collector issues on funny interactions
between SiteRoot-style virtual hosting and the catalog;  try a
collector search to see what turns up:

  http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector

Tres.