[Zope] <dtml-in> sorting problem

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:27:34 -0500

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Here's my problem: I want to sort a list of objects on a property that
> not all items have. So I'm doing this:
>
> <dtml-in sort=someProperty,someOtherProperty>
>
> The problem is that those items that have a blank someProperty are
> listed first, when I want them at the bottom of the list. I don't want
> to reverse the entire sort order, I just want blank values treated as
> being larger than any other value.
>
> Any suggestions?

Insert a chr(255) as the first character by default. It'll need
to be trimmed off if the property becomes populated.

-- Tim Cook --
Cook Information Systems | Office: (901) 884-4126 8am-5pm CDT
* It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas.  *
FreePM Project Coordinator http://www.freepm.org
OSHCA Founding Supporter http://www.oshca.org