[Zope] Multiple site deployment

Chui Tey teyc@cognoware.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:15:06 +1000

The project I'm doing will be deployed to several intranet sites. I'm
developing content and logic in dtml plus a few external methods.
Each site deployment will be customized. The customization is simple:
basically changing the standard_html_header, smtp server name, and things
like that.

Dealing with software updates can be somewhat of a problem since I'll have
to recustomize every data.fs before deployment?

How are other developers handling this kind of customization problems?
The Directory View from CMF looks to be useful in storing some of the
customized dtml in the file system.
I've tried ExtFile but it doesn't have external dtml documents.

Has anyone used zope with configuration files before?

Chui