[Zope] Delete multiple posts

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:47:41 -0500

I use a python script to do this all day :)
Zope Coolness: You don't have to run through the array.  Pass the array as a
parameter to manage_delObjects.
Remember to bind the namespace to _
The check boxes are listed as follows in a form that calls my script:

<dtml-in expr="objectValues()">
<li><input type="checkbox" name="ids:list" value="<dtml-var
name="id">"<dtml-if name="checkall"> checked="checked"</dtml-if> />&nbsp<a
href="&dtml-absolute_url;?ex=.log"><dtml-var name="title"></a></li>
</dtml-in>

The Script:

## Script (Python) "manageLogFiles"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=_
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=
##title=
##
if context.REQUEST.has_key('ids') and context.REQUEST.has_key('doThis'):
  if context.REQUEST.doThis == 'Delete these!':
    # Delete all selected LogFiles
    # note the .logs. in the command below
    context.logs.manage_delObjects(context.REQUEST.ids)
    context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(context.REQUEST.SourceURL)

  else :
    # I don't know what to do
    raise KeyError

else:
  # Do this if they didn't check any of the boxes
  # I used to raise a KeyError, but that is stupid
  # Nobody wants a computer to tell them that they pushed
  # a button at the wrong time.  Now, we essentially do
  # nothing, but send them back to where they came from.
  # raise KeyError
  context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(context.REQUEST.SourceURL)

Troy